Sunday, February 1, 2009

My home is now a house.

My current home is now pretty much just a house. I've accepted that we're moving, and that it's time for change. The world is changing, our nation is changing. Why not jump on the bandwagon? I just hope that it's better change than what I've been seeing around me lately. Since the house is "SOLD" it's just that to me....a house. My "home" is waiting for me in NC and I can't wait to be there.

I have the living room all neatly packed into boxes. They're marked as to what they are and where they go. Is it odd that I don't like our things sitting in boxes? They have a purpose, even if they're just there to look pretty. But now they can't serve their purpose and that bothers me. (Am I odd? Or just exceptionally materialistic?)

The cats (there's 3...Lucas, Felix, and Rascal) aren't really happy with everything out of place. They're slinking very low to the ground....like something's going to jump out of one of those boxes and take all "9". Although, I moved one of my super-awesome black swivel-y chairs the other day to reveal 1 or 2 twisty ties. How they ever got there? No idea. But Rascal quickly ran over and grabbed one, as they're his favorite thing ever. (...Maybe this is how they got there in the first place?) Anyway, he's been prancing around with it in his mouth and awfully proud of his new treasure. I'm glad someone has an appreciation for my lack of under-furniture cleanliness.

Ranger has been looking at me strangely, like I'm about to disown him. So I just keep giving him extra treats. What's a girl to do? :-)

So I'm totally in love with Ikea and always have been. The nearest Ikea is like 250 miles from Kernersville. Boooooooooo.

We had to have a plumber in to fix a pipe in our basement. It needed to be done prior to closing and cost $900. (UGH!) His helper guy apparently turned our outdoor spigot on the other day and water didnt come out right away, so he assumed it was turned off. GUESS AGAIN fella! Apparently it finally defrosted and was running into my yard for 2 HOURS!!!! The city came and turned it off because a neighbor called.............*insert cricket sounds here*..............HELLO?!?! Couldn't the neighbor just TURN IT OFF? At least they called, I guess. So I'm asking the plumber to pay the 2 hour water bill. I'm trying to save every penny right now, you know? And to think I gave him a tip......

No comments:

Post a Comment